What makes Elmhurst United a Special Place to Work?
- Each core-subject teacher has a course-alike planning partner with whom to plan units and daily lessons. Planning partners meet weekly during the school day using a common prep period.
- Grade level teams meet weekly to align common practices, procedures, and student supports. To facilitate this teamwork, students are cohorted into "colleges" that have a common team of teachers.
Teaching is hard work! We believe that everyone deserves a coach to continue growing their practice
- Every EU teacher has an instructional coach to support their practice
- Teachers set annual goals for how they'd like to grow
- Coaches offer informal observation feedback and ongoing thought partnership
We are #bettertogther.
In addition to our classroom teachers, our team includes the following amazing support staff.
- One assistant principal and two full-time Restorative Justice Facilitators at each grade level
- Two academic counselors
- Site librarian
- On-campus counseling and medical services
- Three full-time instructional coaches
Commitment to Social Justice
- "Mindset Monday": We repurpose traditional monthly staff meetings to be a space for ongoing inquiry into race, relationships and disparate educational outcomes for students of color
- Cultural Sustaining Pedagogy is one of our three big instructional foci. Click here for our definition of Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy
- We use a restorative discipline model to create strong community and address harm when it occurs.